Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anniversary Speech 2009

2 posters

Go down

Anniversary Speech 2009 Empty Anniversary Speech 2009

Post by TheHidden01 Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm

To those of The Dragoon Brotherhood,

For the third year in a row I find myself sitting in front of my computer screen preparing to speak about the Dragoons, for the Dragoons on their anniversary. Funny times, brought funny moments for me, and although my location, and life hasn't change that much, especially not as much as last anniversary, I certainly feel a different man, a different leader, which adds a whole new perspective on things.

What the Dragoons have really taught me is the harsh realities, and blissful of course, of personal relationships. In the first two years, it was mainly about the group and what we could accomplish, but things were not quite that simple this time. See, in truth, we never delivered in Age of Conan, but was this really our fault? One could even argue that as we started to really make ground, when we had fame, and when we were strong, and growing at a very healthy rate, we suddenly decided against continuing in Conan. With this, we had a smaller community per size of the server, and with that comes many new challenges.

What Conan did do for us, was to really test us. The vast amount of players meant far more unique, and sometimes challeging members in the Dragoons. We learnt how to handle individual characteristics, and more importantly we mastered systems to insure that these members were taken care of, which was later perfected when we went to City of Heroes, such as crews and what not.

With all this we had difficulties too, this year although has been more a positive, has been the biggest year of losses, and will probably be one of the major parts we will remember. We lost alot of former rank two's such as Vosiler, Raz, Seto, and Code, and found ourselves removing senior members and alot of trial members. It is amazing thing to think that out of perhaps 350 recruits from the Age of Conan days, only two of them remain members. One of them that will actually be around for the anniversary.

What really brightened the Dragoon year would be the move to City of Heroes. There we would pick up some good members and develope some strong traditions. Perhaps the biggest and grandest of this is the new Underboss system which has done marverlous, it has made me more secure in my role, and has made the guild I believe, tighter, and stronger. A brilliant first few months for Rae has really set up the quality of the Underboss rank, which Marshy is doing well in upkeeping at this present time. This is something that we will definately carry on through to the future.

The Dragoons have found themselves in a sort of isolation of late, all events are Dragoon only, even a favourite comodity PvP, has been rather forced due to the simple fact that our latest games have not had much in the way of a community. Things however will change, the Dragoons intend to again get involved, again we find ourselves heading to a major game like last year.

What I can invisage is that this year with all the experience gained we can really build and become as strong as we dreamed of in Conan. We can aim to be the kings again, we can aim to achieve, and with a stonger system and stronger members and experience I wholeheartedly believe that this can be.

Everything we have been through has never shaken us, our spirit has wavered on regardless of whatever has happened. We have been the kings, and been steady builders, and this year only proves how much we are learning, and how much potential we now have heading into Champions. I believe honestly that this time we will get it right, and this time we can thrive.

The memories that has come to pass though means that the true diamond, the real part of what makes this guild important to me is the people that grace the page both good and bad. I fully admire everyone of you, and I have learnt so much. I am not perfect, no one is, but I am trying, and it pushes me everyday to perform for you, so the group can shine for all.

Enjoy another year Dragooons,

To us,

Your leader, brother, and loyal servant,

TheHidden01

Last edited by TheHidden01 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Anniversary Speech 2009 Empty Re: Anniversary Speech 2009

Post by Moebius Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:30 pm

ayeh, here's to a prosperous year ahead.
Moebius
Moebius
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 125
Other Names : Mahogony, Dr.Gonzo
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down