Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs?

2 posters

Go down

How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs? Empty How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:49 pm

How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs? Eq-1303562425

"Everyday we take the Massive daily posts and bring them to Dragoon discussions. We would like to thank Massively for their original content."

Blogger Wolfshead has a problem: He's lost the sense of wonder and adventure that he used to have with MMOs, and he doesn't know if it'll ever return. "Many years later and many MMOs later I still feel that no other MMO has ever been able to successfully recreate all of those feelings that EverQuest produced," he said.

I've found gaming to be like many aspects of life, from hobbies to relationships to passions: Sometimes you wake up and the thrill is gone. Where did it go? Perhaps the more important question is "How do I get it back?"

I think it is possible to get back that sense of wonder and to rejuvenate interest in gaming, but it does take work and a different approach on one's behalf. So what do you recommend? How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs when you've lost it?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs? Empty Re: How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Hmm hard to say, the thing is there is a real lack of innovation, every MMO seems very similar. Eventually something will come that will blow our minds, but until then, I'm satisfied with being happy with a game.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs? Empty Re: How do you recapture the wonder of MMOs?

Post by Dorek Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:32 pm

modern day nudity apparently, its the only way the devs these days can think will make the mmo more popular.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Dorek wrote:modern day nudity apparently, its the only way the devs these days can think will make the mmo more popular.

LOL well it worked for some!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down