Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have MMOs gone as far as they can go?

2 posters

Go down

Have MMOs gone as far as they can go? Empty Have MMOs gone as far as they can go?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Have MMOs gone as far as they can go? Mirrorsledge

Do you ever feel like MMOs have gone as far as they can go? I don't mean to be a downer, especially on a Monday, but occasionally I'll play a single-player title that knocks my socks off and -- as an incurable MMO fan -- the first thing I think of is could/should this be made into an MMO? And usually the answer to that question is no, it can't be done because of technical limitations, latency, or lack of gamer interest.

Over the weekend I played Mirror's Edge, a first-person platforming thing that I missed way back in 2009. I fell in love with the free-running, the expansive environments, and the vertigo-inducing perspectives and I realized, sadly, that all of those things and many more simply aren't in the cards for MMOs. I know that not everything has to be an MMO, but I'd love to experience Mirror's Edge with a persistent world behind it, as well as share it with my MMO-playing buddies.

What about you, Massively readers? Do you think MMOs have gone as far as they can go, or do you think we're in store for anything new and exciting beyond continual refinements to the existing formula?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Have MMOs gone as far as they can go? Empty Re: Have MMOs gone as far as they can go?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Absolutely not, on the contrary I think it's just the beginning. Technology and features grow, and who's to say those excellent single player elements can't be incorporated into MMOs?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Have MMOs gone as far as they can go? Empty Re: Have MMOs gone as far as they can go?

Post by Aqura Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I think there is much much more that can be done if developers and companies pool their strengths instead of making stupid mobile games...
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum