Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important is the setting of your MMOs?

Go down

How important is the setting of your MMOs? Empty How important is the setting of your MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 pm

How important is the setting of your MMOs? Storyteller
Massively reader dirtyklingon recently wrote to us with an interesting observation. He was surprised at the backlash that was generated when SOE's John Smedley teased a new MMO for Star Wars Galaxies fans but then revealed it would not be Star Wars but a survival-based contemporary sandbox setting -- by most guesses, zombies. I don't think most people really expected Star Wars Galaxies II (or Star Wars at all, for that matter), but I was pretty disappointed. The setting of SWG wasn't essential, but I expected something much closer to it in theme from the new game, something a bit more space cowboyish without the Star Wars name. I'll tolerate a lot of settings to play a good sandbox, but a few are real turn-offs and can actually be dealbreakers. Like, you know, zombies.

What about you, Massively crew -- how important is the setting of your MMOs? Can it make or break your experience?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How important is the setting of your MMOs? Empty Re: How important is the setting of your MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:47 pm

To be honest I've played so many MMOs now that it becomes more about the features, but a decent setting does help, it is after all, one of the biggest things about WoD that appeals.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down