Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important is endgame progression to you?

3 posters

Go down

How important is endgame progression to you? Empty How important is endgame progression to you?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 pm

How important is endgame progression to you? Wow-endgame-epl-423

For some players, the real meat of an MMORPG begins when you don't have any more pesky levels to worry about. Leveling is training, but using all that training to clear through the hardest content in the game is what you signed up for. Whether it's in World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2, these players feel that the real push is to have the best possible gear and optimize your character specialties.

For other players, the endgame is just an addition, sometimes even an unwelcome one. Having the best gear or the best build is nice, but it's not worth pursuing at the detriment of your enjoyment. Far better to just do dailies in Star Wars: The Old Republic or level a new character in Champions Online. These players can be just as dedicated to the game, but they just don't care for the endgame push.

So which category do you lean toward? Is the progression track at the top what you live for, or is it just a distraction? How important is endgame progression to you?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How important is endgame progression to you? Empty Re: How important is endgame progression to you?

Post by Aqura Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

To me the endgame should be made into more sandbox style with events and combine that with other "progression" stuff. Simply having endless grinds is nothing I want but at the same time I do not like pure sandbox from beginning to end...
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

How important is endgame progression to you? Empty Re: How important is endgame progression to you?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Aqura wrote:To me the endgame should be made into more sandbox style with events and combine that with other "progression" stuff. Simply having endless grinds is nothing I want but at the same time I do not like pure sandbox from beginning to end...

I agree, too often companies just cater to a grind. It's the freedom to create and grow that brings longevity, and yet we see so little of it.

I guess that's why I want to play sandboxes more and more.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Yoghurt Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah agreed to that, WoW became just so boring when i played it, either you do some raids you already done 100 times, do pvp battlegrounds with idiots.
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down