Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important is uniqueness to you?

3 posters

Go down

How important is uniqueness to you? Empty How important is uniqueness to you?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:44 pm

How important is uniqueness to you? Sheep

"Everyday we take the Massive daily posts and bring them to Dragoon discussions. We would like to thank Massively for their original content."

When it comes to clinging to one's uniqueness, I'm reminded of that classic line from Monty Python's Life of Brian in which huge crowd shouts in unison "We are all different!" and a tiny voice follows that up with "I'm not... ."

The truth is that while we as people are unique, there are more similarities between us than we'd often like to admit. This is even more true when you get into MMOs, where character creation options are usually limited to a handful of races, classes and faces, and where everyone is a hero just like you doing all the same quests and activities and world-saving.

Because of this, there's a tendency to rebel and forge a unique voice in the crowd, even if it's just a different look, a bizarre name, an odd personality or a piece of loot that's so extraordinarily rare that you're most likely the only one possessing it. We want to be known and remembered for something other than "being the same as everyone else," a feeling that manifests itself in a variety of ways.

So how important is in-game uniqueness to you -- and how do you go about demonstrating it?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How important is uniqueness to you? Empty Re: How important is uniqueness to you?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Our PvP style, completely different to 99% of the community.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

How important is uniqueness to you? Empty Re: How important is uniqueness to you?

Post by Iconic Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

DCU lacks character uniqueness when it comes to the body shape, however I like to change my colour schemes about avoiding black as a main colour (that pretty much makes you unique from 80% of the villain server population Razz).
Iconic
Iconic
BANNED

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rider_xx Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I was worried about this, my fears where just confirmed, homogenized characters with only the color scheme for variety....oh well at least the game sounds fun judging from all the chatter I hear on vent when you guys play.
rider_xx
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Position in Command : Consigliere to the King
Other Names : WindRider (DCUO) , Magistros (WoW)
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:15 pm

rider_xx wrote:I was worried about this, my fears where just confirmed, homogenized characters with only the color scheme for variety....oh well at least the game sounds fun judging from all the chatter I hear on vent when you guys play.

And lots of different skins such as animal and so forth and 1000s of costume pieces...

It's not better than CoH and CO.

It is better than every other MMO bar them.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Iconic Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh aye, that was my bad for underselling, you can choose what item skin you want on each individual item slot and also what colour scheme for each individual slot. You can also change your skin out of about 15 different types or so.
Iconic
Iconic
BANNED

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rider_xx Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Don't worry guys, it is not a defining factor to buy the game or not, I just like to look unique. Very Happy
rider_xx
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Position in Command : Consigliere to the King
Other Names : WindRider (DCUO) , Magistros (WoW)
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down