Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long will you suffer bugs and outages?

4 posters

Go down

How long will you suffer bugs and outages? Empty How long will you suffer bugs and outages?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:35 pm

How long will you suffer bugs and outages? Quaggan

In the 10 days since its head start launch, Guild Wars 2 has suffered multiple outages and bugs, seemingly a new one every day. Even if we discount those players who lost their accounts to hacking, we've still seen players affected by in-game mail outages, exploits, overflow bugs, character creation and deletion issues, server transfer problems, guild system implosions, and a new email authentication system (which was meant to reduce the rate of hackings) that rendered even some Massively commenters and staffers unable to play the game over chunks of this holiday weekend.

Perhaps the issue affecting the most people over the course of the last week has been the near-permanent offline status of the Black Lion Trading Company, the game's auction hall. Quaggans are cute and all, but I'm starting to get impatient myself; I've yet to see the trading post live for even a minute.

So today we're wondering when exactly your patience runs out when it comes to large-scale MMO launches and their immediate aftermath. How long do you give a just-launched game to get its act together before you give up and go back to more established, tried-and-true MMOs? And if you leave in a huff, do you forgive and forget and return when the game has settled down?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How long will you suffer bugs and outages? Empty Re: How long will you suffer bugs and outages?

Post by Bachos Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:58 pm

The first month is ok but after that the biggest bugs must be solved.

Bachos
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

How long will you suffer bugs and outages? Empty Re: How long will you suffer bugs and outages?

Post by General Yoghurt Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah, then it gets to a quite problem if they cant even fix it after 1 month, wierd as stress tests were quite spot on clean most times
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DaemonGal Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:30 pm

As long as they show that they're putting some effort into actually sorting the bugs then i'll let them off, but they have to sort out the large ones first. However I just get fed up with some games. Even though they aren't mmo's, i'm getting sick of Bethesda's releases being extremely buggy to the point that it almost puts me off playing them =/. However i find myself more lenient of mmos since they consist of a much larger community and have so many people online at once.
DaemonGal
DaemonGal
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Female
Number of posts : 198
Other Names : Rin, Zephere
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down