Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much do you expect from people?

3 posters

Go down

How much do you expect from people? Empty How much do you expect from people?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

How much do you expect from people? Gw-expectations-epl-418

Intellectually, everyone in a given game understands that everyone plays at their own pace, spends their chosen amount of time studying the game, and so forth. Asking more than someone's willing to commit is just asking for failure, and it's just a game after all. But in practice, you find yourself playing Guild Wars and you can't help but start screaming for someone to stop attacking Glint because she's using Crystal Hibernation, you stop attacking then, everyone knows that! And in extreme cases, you might even kick the person from your party like a bad habit, because come on. That's basic knowledge.

Of course, there are the people who genuinely remember every single scaling skill value in Guild Wars and would be shocked that you don't instantly know that. We all expect different things amounts of knowledge from players in games, so how much do you expect from others? Do you expect people to know the strategies of a fight before they head into content? Do you expect to do some explaining? Or are you that mythical person that patiently explains everything about the game, even after wiping on the same boss repeatedly?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How much do you expect from people? Empty Re: How much do you expect from people?

Post by Bachos Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm

My first goal in game is to enjoy playing with people so i will be the one who would explain even after 10 wipe. Dont matter to die if i have the fun before dying. ^^

Bachos
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

How much do you expect from people? Empty Re: How much do you expect from people?

Post by Goro Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:54 pm

I think that with any game as complicated as MMO's are, you should expect to do at least a little explaining. I mean, cmon, it's an online game. Humans don't just right click skill books and suddenly have this wealth of knowledge. In fact, I think that is what drew me in the most with FE. The help chan was very polite and active gms really took me by surprise how patient they were. SO to answer your question directly, I'm always expecting to have to do a little explaining. Although, I think everyone has their threshold, working together with other players is what MMOs have always been about. So I guess I expect effort above all else. If a player doesn't know something that's one thing, but if a player is unwilling to take the time and effort to learn it, then I have no tolerance.
Goro
Goro
Private
Private

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down