Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO?

2 posters

Go down

What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO? Empty What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO?

Post by TheHidden01 Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Okay so here are 5 things I DON'T want to see in my next MMO:-

1) Casual gameplay

Big wish, with WoD or EvE I would probably get my wish, even though I do understand that casuals have their place, honestly I'm just tired of catering to the un-social, useless pieces of shit that seem to think you are there to service them when they need something, and then expect you to ignore them until that point.

What is the number one factor that causes that? Casual, easy gameplay and married couples. Getting rid of this is a cure imo.

2) WoW Cloning

Some features, yeah they have to use, but stop fucking using WoW as a carbon base to build off. The game is the best at what it does, it's doomed the moment someone chooses to copy it, or expand on it. For fuck sake, I wish these developers would just create their own game, and build their own world. Maybe GW2 isn't perfect, but at least it tried something different to WoW when it comes to levelling.

3) Stop making simple theme park lobby games

I got into this genre because the idea of a virtual world enticed me, a living, breathing, evolving world that changes everyday. In MxO I had that, and that game wasn't even sandbox (although the community function like one). Give us a world, and make it grow like a world, and they will do so much more.

4) Stop making boring PvP

Encourage world PvP with territorial PvP. It's sickening that in 2014, and all the MMOs we have had that very games actually have territorial PvP, and I expect that's because once again, the devs don't want to upset casuals by having wars near them, god forbid they have to actually get involved with the rest of the community?

Territorial PvP, with different benefits in every section, socially and physically is a fantastic idea. Guilds will fight, argue and get bitter carrying loyalty and depth, allow the gaming world to change also, events effect territories, give guilds responsibility in their territory, make it feel real!

5) Get of rid of Raiding... in it's form

Imagine getting rid of Raiding? Suddenly we lose all the scrubs right? Now imagine if we made Raids something grander, something where the whole server will need to come together to fight the boss, and that doesn't mean that he's defeated. Imagine if a Boss comes, and until ALOT of people down it, it will run rampant across the server?

Imagine if say the Lich King in WoW walked the world destroying things, unleashed it's armies on certain territories, or targetted certain groups, seemingly randomely. Hell, imagine if devs controlled where attacks happened, adjusted to the community, turn it into a narrative. A certain evil guild can make a deal with the Lich King and join his side, and they are then working with the Lich King, imagine if the Lich King is not just an NPC, but a player (like MxO), which can be killed but only by all. Imagine if they never down him and the server lives under the reign of the Lich King, and the devs can make a guild called the Lich King armies or something and recruit players to work for him, or he can be defeated, and the devs can organize a grand celebration.

Wouldn't that be something? Then lore, and immersian will be natural, not forced.

---

What's your five?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO? Empty Re: What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO?

Post by Dorek Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

1) i don't want to see 2 separate factions or multiple factions limiting world pvp only against certain faction because it pisses me off.

2) don't want to see like penalties for pvp in open world where you shouldn't get punished for pvp'ing in the first place for picking pvp server.

3) don't want tunnel pvp only but also open world and arenas.

4) don't want to see too much bullshit in the screen and only the essentials to be able to play without having to test every fucking meaningless button in the screen to find your character info.

5) really don't want to see careabear gimp heaven where you grind mobs and never see pvp anywhere like final fantasy shit reborn or gw2.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO? Empty Re: What are the 5 things you don't want to see in the next MMO?

Post by TheHidden01 Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Haha, straight to the point but agree with you Dorek :p

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum