Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat?

2 posters

Go down

Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat? Empty Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat? Pirate101-combat-epl-1015

There have been a lot of MMOs over the years with a lot of different combat systems, but the vast majority of these systems occur in something resembling a real-time system. There's no pausing the battle, no stopping and considering your options, just timing your abilities and watching buffs tick down in terms of minutes and seconds.

But that's not the only way to manage a game engine. Pirate101 is embracing turn-based combat, allowing players more time to plan moves and consider options. Other games have played in the turn-based waters before, but they've always been quieter titles.

For some, the idea of a battle in which you take strictly ordered turns will seem like a boring slog, especially if you have to wait for that one guy in your party who always takes forever to enter a command. On the other hand, the turn-based setup can lead to some great strategies based upon your tactical planning rather than your reaction speed. Would you enjoy more games with turn-based combat, or do you prefer it stays in a few niche offerings?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat? Empty Re: Would you welcome more games with turn-based combat?

Post by DaemonGal Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 pm

I played an mmo called atlantica once that involved more final fantasy style turn based fighting. I really liked it, it was a nice change, but I like that kind of combat. To people who aren't fans it would just make the game boring. I know a few people who hate the idea of turn based games.
DaemonGal
DaemonGal
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Female
Number of posts : 198
Other Names : Rin, Zephere
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Back to top Go down