Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is your avatar a Mary Sue?

2 posters

Go down

Is your avatar a Mary Sue? Empty Is your avatar a Mary Sue?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Is your avatar a Mary Sue? Skyrimmarysue

So I've been spending a lot of time with Skyrim. I know, it's not an MMO. But it's MMO-like in every way except for the lack of other players, from the sprawling world to the familiar fantasy setting to the fact that it seeks to make you the heroic center of the universe.

This last bit is hugely problematic in massively multiplayer games, but it works in Skyrim to a point. I say to a point because my Nord is the most ridiculous Mary Sue in the history of Mary Sues. Off the top of my head, he's the leader of the Dark Brotherhood and a high-ranking member of both the College of Winterhold and the Thieves' Guild. He's a major figure in the Stormcloak rebellion against the Imperial throne, and he's the dragonborn savior of the world and the slayer of Alduin.

Oh, and he's a werewolf too.

When I look back at the game's narrative, I almost wish I had skipped a few of these quest lines. I hate to use variations of the term "realistic" in relation to a game, but my character's resume seems decidedly unrealistic even for high fantasy. What about you, morning crew? Have you had similar thoughts about your MMO avatars (or your Skyrim character, for that matter)?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Is your avatar a Mary Sue? Empty Re: Is your avatar a Mary Sue?

Post by General Yoghurt Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 am

Nah, If i make a character i probably just do the choices i do which can be really different, could go from just killing shit up to.. just killing shit, Being a mage and all that
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum