Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's one great thing from every MMO you've played?

4 posters

Go down

What's one great thing from every MMO you've played? Empty What's one great thing from every MMO you've played?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:14 pm

What's one great thing from every MMO you've played? Smiley

In my experience, most projects have at least one redeeming factor to it. Maybe it's not enough to carry the rest of the project's bloated corpse of fail, but it's still there. It can be an idea, a character, a story twist, a name, a setting, or something else.

Similarly, with MMOs, I believe that there's at least one great thing in each game. Whether you hated it on sight, fell in love with it, grew to dislike it, or have regularly bashed it in your favorite MMO site's comment sections, if you're honest, you should be able to pinpoint that one thing.

Today, I propose an interesting exercise. List all of the MMOs that you have played to any decent length (i.e., more than a one-hour trial), and then share with us one great thing from that game. Was it the graphics, the community, a cool gameplay feature, or another aspect entirely? If you're honest -- and push down that sarcasm that's threatening to bubble up -- I bet you can fill out this list completely. Get to it!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's one great thing from every MMO you've played? Empty Re: What's one great thing from every MMO you've played?

Post by General Yoghurt Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Well the feeling of a new adventure pretty much, sadly i only got the big feeling of that in my first mmo, WoW never will forget that
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

What's one great thing from every MMO you've played? Empty Re: What's one great thing from every MMO you've played?

Post by DaemonGal Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I played one called Eden Eternal which i played throughout pretty much all of my six weeks holidays last year. The think i really enjoyed most about that game was the class system. You could swap at any time between the class you wanted to play and as you levelled up a class, new classes became available. My favourite class was the illusionist as it was a different style of mage than i was used to.
Another good mmo I played was called Vindictus. It had a true action combat style and instead of fighting monsters in the world you went into single player (or party) dungeons and founght through them till the boss. I just enjoyed how different the combat and playstyle was.
I have played a lot of generic mmos that were only different because of their art style and lore but i got bored of those quite quickly due to that, but the first generic mmo i enjoyed was called shaiya so i thought that deserved a mention Razz
DaemonGal
DaemonGal
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Female
Number of posts : 198
Other Names : Rin, Zephere
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariv Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 pm

The main thing I loved about eve was it was a player driven world. Swtor was just that itwas star wars :p
Dariv
Dariv
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down