Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits?

3 posters

Go down

If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits? Empty If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 pm

If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits? Freeeeee

With the free-to-play revolution (or plague, depending on your point of view), MMO gamers now have so many more options for inexpensive play than ever before. But that's never good enough for us; we always want more, more, more!

So let's take F2P to an extreme and tackle this hypothetical: Suppose every current MMO was completely free -- no box price, no subscription, no microtransactions, nada. Would the freedom from any sort of financial consideration change what games you play and how you play them, or would you pretty much be doing what you're doing now?

Personally, I can't see it radically changing my gaming lifestyle. I play what I want to right now, as either subs or microtransactions are affordable enough to keep down to just a few bucks a month at most. But maybe that's just me. What about you?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits? Empty Re: If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits?

Post by General Yoghurt Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 am

Well it would sure make me test more stuff. Try to know how the gameplay is and if it fits for me bla bla. You can watch videos of it but if its F2P why not test it. So pretty much i would test more games if the gone F2P
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits? Empty Re: If all MMOs were free, would it change your habits?

Post by Kaldoreini Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I think I'd probably play and try out more MMO's a lot more. I wouldn't have to pay and my irl friends would be a lot more willing to play them, so that would be cool. It would definitely keep me in a lot more.
Kaldoreini
Kaldoreini
BANNED

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down