Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales?

3 posters

Go down

Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales? Empty Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon May 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales? Cohmarket

When Lord of the Rings Online first went free-to-play, Turbine put quest zones on sale for a song, and I missed it. There's never been as good a sale since, and I regret being slow on the draw. So I vowed to start watching sales across the F2P games I frequent very carefully. Sparklepony for 10 bucks? Woot. City of Heroes character slots 50% off? Heck yes. It's become a game in and of itself, and sometimes I admit that I plunk down a little money for a sale on something in a game I've drifted away from, knowing I'll use it later (like Guild Wars' storage panels, which I delayed buying for several years until they were half off).

This method had definitely ensured that I save money on stuff I would have bought at full price had I lacked the patience and planning to play the cash-shop sale game. What about you guys? Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales for the stuff you want to buy, even if that means you must wait to have the latest and greatest power set or inventory slot? Or do you just let your whims dictate your purchases?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales? Empty Re: Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales?

Post by General Yoghurt Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I have never enjoyed buying my way to cool stuff to be honest. I mean sure it's awesome when you get it. But not as awesome when you have tried (Who knows maybe many hours) for just one item and finally you get it. I really love the challenge of trying to get something cool. Gives you that feeling you acomplished something rather than just ''Oh look there is that epic helmet i always wanted. BUY!''

Unless that would be the only way, then i guess i would try to wait until it gets a temporarily deal as i am a bit of a cheap person
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales? Empty Re: Do you wait for MMO cash-shop sales?

Post by Aqura Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Well I have yet to buy something in this manner, but I can imagine looking for sales of cool stuff in GW2. I am not cheap or anything but I don't always see the purpose.
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down