Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011

Go down

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Empty My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011

Post by TheHidden01 Tue May 24, 2011 2:05 am

As you all know I watch alot of TV shows and this year I have watched quite alot. Contained below is my top shows of the year.

9. The Borgias

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 The-Borgias

The Borgias is one of two on this list that I never completed. Honestly I thought it was okay at first, but I found the plot very slow building, and just really un-appealing. I think it's very well made, but a boring focus on several plots wasn't what I enjoyed and stopped after a while.

8. Camelot

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Camelot

Camelot is brand new, and has started of really well. It hasn't quite finished but will soon in what has been an impressive first season. The budget is a little cheap, and the story a little basic, but it's good enough, especially with the beautiful Eva Green carrying this show.

7. Game of Thrones

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Game_of_thrones_tyrion

Game of Thrones has yet to finish but has grown stronger and stronger by each episode. Perhaps it could have earnt the Newcomer of the Year if it had more time on this list unlike Boardwalk Empire. The first episode was okay, but the rest has grown and grown into a splendid show.

6. Boardwalk Empire

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Boardwalk-Empire-Anastasia-Header

Boardwalk Empire is the other show I never finished but this mainly because of time and never really returning back to it because of absense. This show has earnt the Newcomer of the Year award from me in what was a spectacularly made, wonderfully acted drama that I will definately catch up on soon.

5. Vampire Diaries

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Season-2-promo-wallpaper-the-vampire-diaries-15232462-1024-768

Vampire Diaries really started off as the show I don't really look forward too but it always delivers on the night. That has changed now with me looking forward to this show every week. A really strong second season, with a similar plot build style to 1, favouring arcs into a large over-arc style, which I enjoy. Full of twists and turns, apart from the face licking this was wonderfully acted and made.

4. Smallville

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Smallville..S2

So Smallville has finished, sadly, at last. Overall it was a pretty solid season in the usual Smallville sense, and a little less darker than the previous two. It was great to see Lionel and eventually the real Lex return, but overall if I am honest, this season could have been handled better. Nonetheless the last episode was fantastic and I will greatly miss this well created show.

3. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Spartacus-Gods-of-the-Arena

Sadly the second season to the original would not go ahead because of the main actor's illness, however we were treated to a prequal starring Batiartus (If that's how you spell it), and Lucretia back who like the first season was absolutely out-fucking-standing. A fantastic short season, that although was short delivered once again on so many levels. Can't wait for the second season of the original this coming January!

2. Dexter

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Dexter-Season-5

Season 4 was an improvement on 3 the year before, but 5 was superb. Lumen was played absolutely incredibly, and the whole show was full of suspense. It was really back to 1 and 2's standard for shocks and suspense, with the final episode being a real shocker. A real brilliant season, even by Dexter's standards!

1. Supernatural

My Shows of the Year 2010 - 2011 Spnposter6-1

This years winner then leaves it of course for Supernatural... just. Supernatural started off pretty slow for me, but it built into a wonderful season. The second half was truly excellent for me, and won this years contest in what was open to a very interesting cliff hanger, which honestly wasn't what I was expecting! I think the greatest news of the year for Supernatural however was that it will be returning next year once more. For me, this is the best news ever, especially considering I thought it would be going with Smallville!

----

Overall it's been a good year for shows. We lost Smallvile, but gained alot, but no more 20+ episode season shows like Smallville. After watching alot of shows recently, Californication and Sons of Anarchy will be no doubt be contending next year!

Supernatural takes the crown this year, will it do it again next year with the final season ever?

---

Show of the Year:- Supernatural
Newcomer of the Year:- Boardwalk Empire

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11