Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs?

3 posters

Go down

Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs? Empty Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 am

Let's duke it out! What's better, sandbox or themepark!

DEBATE!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs? Empty Re: Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs?

Post by Serenity Fay Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:31 pm

MMO's can't really be 100% one or the other these days. But generally I'd lean towards Sandbox because it's more likely to engage me and keep me hooked. Shame there's way less of them, though I understand why; it must take an insane amount of work to make a game like that.
Serenity Fay
Serenity Fay
Sergeant Major of the Dragoons
Sergeant Major of the Dragoons

Female
Number of posts : 447
Other Names : Fay, Your friendly neighbourhood witch
Registration date : 2015-11-24

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs? Empty Re: Do you prefer sandbox or themepark MMOs?

Post by Solerisar Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Sandbox if it has full player run economy + item decay + free pvp ruleset and more interesting pve locations other then just a different mob to grind.

My ideal game would be sandbox but still have dungeons and raids, but instead of item drops you get resource drops that can be used in crafting items. Make access to some of these dungeons gated by pvp gameplay, for example faction with the highest forts owned gets acess. Allow in faction PK possible and make a bounty system around that where traiters to that faction then get a price on their head. No safe zones, but allow player build cities and allow players to determine taxes for all activities in their city (even just entering it). Make those cities fully destructable and seigable. Sprinkle some cool combat on top and I'm set.
Solerisar
Solerisar
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down