Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player?

2 posters

Go down

What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player? Empty What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:20 pm

What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player? Smite-combo-epl-701-860x280

Taken from Massively.

Every few months, my husband will be reading over my shoulder while I’m writing up news about a MOBA for Massively OP, and he’ll get curious about the state of that genre and whether he should jump into it. He does a lot of battleground- and arena-style PvP in MMORPGs above all else, but he’s also put in plenty of time with the Tribes franchise and frenzied real-time strategy titles like Warcraft III. Not being much of a MOBA player myself — and knowing he’s not a huge fan of isometric clickers either — I never quite know which one to push at him.

Would you send him to League of Legends, figuring the biggest is the safest? To Dota 2, with the idea that it’s a bit less simple? SMITE for the point-of-view of the heroes? Heroes of the Storm because of Blizzard’s ubiquity? What’s the best MOBA for an MMORPG player specifically?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player? Empty Re: What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Hard to say, while SMITE maybe a better idea, I have never played it. For it's sheer simplicity, time efficient, polish, and of course blizzard charm, I say HoTS is probably the best MOBA to get into. Everyone plays League though, so inevitably, most will start there.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player? Empty Re: What's the best MOBA for an MMORPG player?

Post by Dorek Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:52 am

haven't really tried smite but would say hots since if you played wow you gonna know some of them characters and its not as shit like lols.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down