Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you care about spoilers or surprises in MMOs?

Go down

Do you care about spoilers or surprises in MMOs? Empty Do you care about spoilers or surprises in MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Do you care about spoilers or surprises in MMOs? Maxresdefault2-860x280

My friends and I were debating the merits of spoilers the other day, and I came to realize that as per usual, I was the only person in the group who didn’t care about being spoiled.

In my opinion, surprise is overrated when it comes to entertainment because if you’re playing a game with quality mechanics or a game with a story that you connect with emotionally on some level, it’s still going to be a game with quality mechanics or an emotionally involving game regardless of whether it’s the first or the 51st time that you’ve played it. If the game in question relies chiefly on a narrative twist, though, it’s a one-trick pony and probably not worth revisiting.

Which is why I always scratch my head when people get all crazy about avoiding spoilers. What about you MOP readers? Do you care about spoilers or being surprised when it comes to your games or other entertainment? If so, why?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down