Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour?

2 posters

Go down

What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour? Empty What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:03 pm

What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour? Swtor-orbalisk-armor-set-male-860x280

I love cosmetic armor. I love regular armor, too, since it tends to keep my character alive, but it’s almost always butt ugly or mismatched in keeping with the fourth MMO dev commandment that’s loosely translated as thou shalt always make butt ugly quest armor so that your players will have to grind or spend money for reward armor that’s not as butt ugly.

Some cosmetic armor is as butt ugly as regular quest armor, though. Take that Darth Bane-inspired set in the header up there. It’s a nice sentiment, because the Bane books were some of the more enjoyable in the recently deceased Star Wars Expanded Universe, and Bane himself was kind of a badass who wore this armor made of little critters called orbalisks that fed on him and strengthened him simultaneously and yeah, it’s gross and I know way too much about it.

My point is that SWTOR’s orbalisk armor looks pretty silly compared to how I always imagined it. What about you, MOP readers and armor connoisseurs? What’s the worst looking suit of MMO armor you’ve ever seen? What’s the best?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour? Empty Re: What's the best/worst looking set of MMO Armour?

Post by Aqura Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I have seen worse I think, but don't know where... oh wait GW2 has some horrible armor as well as some good Very Happy
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down