Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced?

3 posters

Go down

What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced? Empty What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm

What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced? Themightyturtlehead
So I finally got to log onto the Balmung server in Final Fantasy XIV yesterday afternoon. I'd been trying off and on for a couple of days, only to be thwarted by the 1017 monster. I dusted off my 1.0 character, went through the brief tutorial, and set about exploring the city of Ul'dah and oohing and ahhing over the newest AAA MMO.

Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but FFXIV's launch problems really didn't bother me. It's not the best I've ever witnessed, that's for sure, but I've seen far, far worse. What about you, Massively readers? What's the worst MMO launch you've experienced? How about the best?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced? Empty Re: What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Probably SWTOR, it may have had it's content issues, but the smoothness and efficiency from day one was superb.

If we include expansions, Burning Crusades destroys SWTOR, playing that expac was an experience I'll never forget.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced? Empty Re: What's the worst (and best) MMO launch you've experienced?

Post by Kreed Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Worst I can remember is probably Aion. 8+ hour queues the first week or so. I'd log in at like 7:30 on a schoolday. When I get back 3PM, still not out of the queue. SWTOR's was smooth. I recall an audio bug or two while in open world, but that might've been from the beta's I was in not long before.
Kreed
Kreed
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqura Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Yeah SWTOR launch was really good considering the amount of people!
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down