Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible WvW build for Hidden?

2 posters

Go down

Possible WvW build for Hidden? Empty Possible WvW build for Hidden?

Post by Kreed Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Build thread: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/mesmer/Maximised-Hybrid-Phantasm-Build-Roaming

Has your favorite combo, GS + Sword/Pistol, so might be something to look at. More on the direct damage hybrid side, as opposed to my more condi focused one, so might be more your style than mine (I prefer staff over GS usually Razz).
Kreed
Kreed
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Possible WvW build for Hidden? Empty Re: Possible WvW build for Hidden?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 am

Thanks for this, this build takes a major different design step than what I am currently using, whether that will mean better for me I am not sure, but he did state that Knights is a bad idea, which is what I am using.

Before patch, that's all I used, but I wanted to be tankier, now I lack the tanky feel (maybe peeps got boosted w/e). So I think trying Zerkers will be more useful.

The fact you can go so different in this game is beautiful.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreed Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am

I think it's because Mesmer isn't really designed as a class that can just tank damage by stacking vitality and toughness. They have pretty low hp pools by default, so it's not really viable.

I've found that Mesmer works best when you rely on the tools. Stealth, Blink, conditions like cripple and immobilize. I survive on my condi hybrid because I confuse the fuck out of them with clones and stealth while they eat my conditions from blown up clones.

Most Mesmer builds I see stack toughness, if they do stack a defensive stat, but not vitality. I think the latter is usually only better vs a condi heavy build/class, but that's usually just Necros (and those can be beat by playing smart, as the guy in the vid points out).
Kreed
Kreed
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreed Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 am

Also found this in my builds list: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQRArc8alwzipXUzhGb9IxpHQP6UnUBVX6Bu5duB-TwAg0CnIKSVkrITRyisFN+Y9xugZBA

It's a phantasm build I used for a while. Very strong single target damage with pistol and sword off hand phantasms. Basically what you do is spawn both (+ a third swordsman it comes off cd), then run around, LoS-ing as the phantasms kill you opponent. Swordsman can easily crit 5+K damage on a squishy with a hit and usually about 3+ on a tankier opponent. They attack about every 5 seconds, so that's pretty good damage. Usually, in a 1v1, if they try to kill the phantasms first, by the time they do your skills are already off cd again, so you can just keep up the damage.

The blocks on Scepter and Sword offhand also hit like a truck and add further to your survivability.

Only used this in SPvP btw, so no idea how it would hold up in WvW.
Kreed
Kreed
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down