Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What awesome feature was ruined by its cost?

Go down

What awesome feature was ruined by its cost? Empty What awesome feature was ruined by its cost?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:37 pm

What awesome feature was ruined by its cost? Soldier1

I'm just as befuddled as Eliot is over the extraordinarily high cost of guild housing in Final Fantasy XIV, although this sort of scenario is not unknown to me. It's usually played out like this: Studio spends months trumpeting an awesome upcoming feature that the playerbase is squeeing over, and then at virtually the last minute, a cost is announced that takes it out of the realm of the casual and robs many people of enthusiasm for it.

I've gone through that many times. One example was when Lord of the Rings Online was going on and on about allowing players to bring their skirmish soldiers out onto the landscape. Man, Turbine just talked this up but was really coy -- almost right until the end -- as to the cost, which ended up requiring a grind or real dollars to purchase a limited-time access to this feature. Almost instantly, my enthusiasm for it was extinguished.

For you, what awesome feature in an MMO was ruined when you heard what it would cost?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down