Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why so much hate for MMO tourists?

2 posters

Go down

Why so much hate for MMO tourists? Empty Why so much hate for MMO tourists?

Post by TheHidden01 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Why so much hate for MMO tourists? Luggage

From Massively.

MMO hobos. MMO tourists. MMO locusts. MMO vagabonds. MMO hoppers. MMO jumpers. MMO dabblers. "The MMO Burnout crowd." So many names for people who move from MMO to MMO, and none of them nice!

We don't pin these labels on people who sample the best of other forms of entertainment. If you devour a Firefly marathon one night and descend upon The Hobbit the next, we don't call you a cinema locust. If you play soccer today but tennis tomorrow, we don't sneeringly describe you as a sports tourist. If you read T.S. Eliot this week and J.K. Rowling the next, I'm not going to deem you a book hopper and kick you out of the cool kids' book club!

Not everyone sees MMOs as worlds that must be lived in for years to be appreciated or enjoyed, and I doubt I'll shock anyone by arguing that many MMOs aren't even designed for long-term consumption; some studios plainly expect us to come and go and return again later as we might return to a beloved old book. I myself prefer a cozy, long-term sandbox home, but I can understand why other people choose to dabble. So why all the hate for the so-called MMO tourists?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Why so much hate for MMO tourists? Empty Re: Why so much hate for MMO tourists?

Post by General Yoghurt Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:17 pm

thats just dumb lol, omg you play this mmo then you play this, cant see the sense of why people would get hate for people just moving around seeing what they enjoy the most, or maybe just wants the best of both worlds really
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down