Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there so much hate for game companies?

3 posters

Go down

Why is there so much hate for game companies? Empty Why is there so much hate for game companies?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Why is there so much hate for game companies? Hate

Gaming discourse has gotten out of hand in recent years, and the anonymity offered by the internet and the decline of civility in general has conspired to bring arguments, personal attacks, and flame wars to the forefront of many a discussion.

Most of the ire seems to be directed at gaming companies. If we look at it objectively, a company like Electronic Arts or Sony Online Entertainment is just a collection of people focused on a common goal, that goal being the production of entertainment products that are optional purchases. And yet if an outsider were to read your average gaming forum, he might think that EA or SOE is engaged in the wholesale slaughter of children, kittens, and puppies on a daily basis.

So what do you think, Massively readers? Why is there so much hate for gaming companies?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Why is there so much hate for game companies? Empty Re: Why is there so much hate for game companies?

Post by Urbanus Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 pm

I think it's sometingh you see not only in gaming.
I just think people can't forgive small mistakes anymore.
It's also easier to blame somebody without a real name, then to blame yourself.

10 years ago children had to explain why they have bad grades... Now the teachers must explain why.
People just like to blame others for there own mistakes.

I also think alot of persons don't like changes in a game... they just want to be the best. So if there comes better gear or their skills change, they have to rethink, rework,... . Today it's nice to see how easy updates and patches come, but they have a downside and thats what people blame those gaming-compagnies.

For myself I really don't think like that. I'm happy that those guys give me a really nice hobby. Nothing but respect, even when a game didn't work out fine. Those are artists that only do there best.
Urbanus
Urbanus
BANNED

Male
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Why is there so much hate for game companies? Empty Re: Why is there so much hate for game companies?

Post by General Yoghurt Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am

Well like when an publisher destroys a serie with all the forcing of ''EXRA ELITE PACK!'' Preorder and you get a large dick! Of course they can do whatever the hell they want but when they just add more and more shit like that it gets kinda annoying in my part. If you look at syndicate it was heavily advertised but only like 40k or so bought the game. So EA stopped supporting the devs to make more patches as it was quite buggy.

Or activsion milking the CoD serie. I get that they have to get money but doing it in that way makes me dont want to support them really. But that is most of my view it's not i will never will buy a game from them but i will have a more closer eye on the games they will sell. Wait a bit and see what happens

General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down