Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matrix Online vs MMO's

5 posters

Go down

Matrix Online vs MMO's Empty Matrix Online vs MMO's

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:04 am

So what is good about MxO over MMO's?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Matrix Online vs MMO's Empty Re: Matrix Online vs MMO's

Post by Sin Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:01 pm

I have fallen in love with the combat system, though it's a little different than what I remember it to be, it's still very unique... now if only they could institute the ability to fight MORE than ONE person in close-combat, like Neo did. Oh and I'd also like to see swords be put into the game, but I digress...

Another focal point of this game is the mission system and content. Superb! Definitely up to par, and possibly exceeding what goes into today's Standards of MMO missioning.

Travel system... By far, greater than MOST MMO's. Only other game that I've played with a better system is City of Heroes/Villains.

Items/Economy... though it is a little crazy that you never really run out of money, I think this is a strong point in an Economy system.

Really it's only downfall is its PVP Reward System... though I haven't gotten really into this game, and haven't fully experienced PVP. I still think you should get experience or something for killing someone.

That's all I can think of right now. LoL
Sin
Sin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 85
Position in Command : Noob
Other Names : Pimp Master
Registration date : 2007-04-01

http://www.mxoresource.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:57 pm

I have fallen in love with the combat system, though it's a little different than what I remember it to be, it's still very unique... now if only they could institute the ability to fight MORE than ONE person in close-combat, like Neo did. Oh and I'd also like to see swords be put into the game, but I digress...

Yea the old fighting system was changed. That was known as CR1, now we are in CR2. I think the look of abilities are superb, compared to simple WoW animations. I also like the idea of swords, but I don't think they will come into play.

Another focal point of this game is the mission system and content. Superb! Definitely up to par, and possibly exceeding what goes into today's Standards of MMO missioning.

Lots say this is the downfall of MxO. This is because basically from about level 8-50 its Assassination missions, and some criticals. This can be very repetitive. However I think the storyline, and the way it works sets this game above others. The devs work tirelessly to make you feel you are part of a world that is changing. There are live events, with movie characters, and the criticals and story lines, are imaginative and can stimulate arguments throughout. Never in MMO have I felt that I am really something of something grander. After all in WoW what true story happens?

Travel system... By far, greater than MOST MMO's. Only other game that I've played with a better system is City of Heroes/Villains.

Makes MxO look small, but yea it's so much easier, when you play WoW or something you have to fly around on different transport methods for half an hour.

Items/Economy... though it is a little crazy that you never really run out of money, I think this is a strong point in an Economy system.

Items are key at level 50 another great point. There are so many variations, that's what makes dueling so fun. There is no right set of clothing, you can go health regen, or IS regen, or tank yourself up with resistance, or be a monster with attack. Economy is also governed by the players as the market is our prices, some people out there spend hours trying to get ahead of the markets. The prices are different on other servers too. Like on vector, not many play there so very expensive.

Really it's only downfall is its PVP Reward System... though I haven't gotten really into this game, and haven't fully experienced PVP. I still think you should get experience or something for killing someone.

Yea maybe, I like pvp alot, but like you said there are no real rewards except respect. You get CQ points (kill count) but they don't do anything. Mind you, don't you love fighting in the streets Razz

That's all I can think of right now. LoL

/sign
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynora Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:34 pm

Sin wrote: Oh and I'd also like to see swords be put into the game
Definitely i will LOVE swords in game, for the only thing i will change my guns:D

Sin wrote:

Wait till you get a higher lvl and have to lvl you abs.

Then you will have to ask this to yourselves:

Matrix Online vs MMO's Gotmoney-1
Dynora
Dynora
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 18
Position in Command : Lady Of MxO
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! It costs lots of money to level your abs later on?

That sucks... : (
Sin
Sin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 85
Position in Command : Noob
Other Names : Pimp Master
Registration date : 2007-04-01

http://www.mxoresource.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:36 pm

That's a great pic btw Downtown shot?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynora Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Emperor Hidden wrote:That's a great pic btw Downtown shot?

TH
Yes was in Downtown, dont remember exacly the place cause was a long time ago.
Dynora
Dynora
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 18
Position in Command : Lady Of MxO

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor Dragoon Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:18 am

Emperor Hidden wrote:

Yea the old fighting system was changed. That was known as CR1, now we are in CR2. I think the look of abilities are superb, compared to simple WoW animations. I also like the idea of swords, but I don't think they will come into play.

Don't give your hopes up. "Wihtout Hope The Human Is Nothing But An Empty Shell".

I know you got contacts, Why not ask them, maybe not as fast as the next patch but maybe for next year... AYE!?
Emperor Dragoon
Emperor Dragoon
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 117
Position in Command : Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:39 am

Nah I highly doubt it, seriously doubt, but would be real cool!!!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FAH CORE Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 am

MxO is better than other 75% of MMOs because you dont have some fairys and elves prancing around a dwarf. Even though it opens up the opertunity for smack talking and flaming, you can talk to the enemy, and not be segregated from them such as wow By having preset limitations and guildlines set by an existing franchise and by the brothers, it eliminates any sillinies of characters made by players such as CoV/CoH. It was a story that already appleaded to me in movie form, so i knew what to expect from the get go ( give or take).
These are the reason why I dont really play any other MMOs, but are the same reasons Ill eventualy leave MxO when stargate worlds come out plus the fact SGW will not be SOE lol!

FAH CORE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Male
Number of posts : 15
Position in Command : Captain
Other Names : Rank 1
Registration date : 2007-04-07

http://www.devotedtozion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:05 am

FAH CORE wrote:MxO is better than other 75% of MMOs because you dont have some fairys and elves prancing around a dwarf.:

That just made me laugh so hard Very Happy

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down