Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Night War Club

Go down

Monday Night War Club Empty Monday Night War Club

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:28 am

In wrestling, the Monday Night Wars was one of the greatest creative periods in history. It spawned some of the greatest TV and eventually lead to wrestling going mainstream pulling in tens of millions of fans every week.

Why? Simple, a war broke out between two companies, not storyline wise, but in real life. WWF, the long standing, dominant leader of wrestling sat strong with it's Monday Night RAW, but a hugely invested Turner funded WCW, decided it would put it's alpha show against WWFs, and launched Nitro on the same time slot.

Wrestler defections, court cases, edgy and desperate content to grab viewers, literal screwjobs of people defecting, some of the greatest stars in history, and the stars alligned for the fans as some of the best television I have ever had the privalege to live through happened.

Now, 20 years later, we have one more chance to do so again. For new, old, upcoming fans, this is your oppotunity to get why wrestling was so fucking awesome. Join us every week as we watch an episode of each, every week, not too rushed, and in real time.

Join us, no matter whether you like wrestling or not, the seriously edgy content, tits, abuse, hardcore violence, and storylines that are very long and deep make this fantastic for harmless fun, it's never too late!

Also, please do not discuss anything past the date we are currently on. Several people watching have 0 idea of even who say Stone Cold is, I don't need spoilers, and I wont hesitate to fuck you up lol.

For everyone else feel free to talk as much shit as you want in this thread, we all know you're in denial!

This week's schedule

Friday - WCW Nitro 10pm GMT, ECW Hardcore TV 11pm GMT
Saturday - ECW Hardcore TV (straight after movie club)

Please note, there is no WWF RAW from this week.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Monday Night War Club Empty Re: Monday Night War Club

Post by TheHidden01 Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 am

WCW Monday Nitro and ECW Hardcore TV come to us tonight as we begin the Monday Night War!

Monday Night War Club WCWNitrologo1999

WCW Nitro may now be dead, but they kicked of what we become known as the Monday Night War. Today, we know WWE as a super power in the professional wrestling business, but there was one that could challenge it, one that may have put the juggernaut out of business. Relive the journey of the greatest period (imo) in wrestling history and witness some of the best moments and see just what WWE did to win the war in the end.

The competition is bitter, fierce, and the creative juices are unstoppable as they both compete for viewership.

---

Tonight we begin with two shows, WCW Nitro and ECW Hardcore TV. Nitro's first broadcast was alone, as WWF RAW was not on that week. As I have stated I will be acting like I know nothing, but I will say this, for those who never got to see Hogan, you can not only see him, but you will watch him defend the WCW Championship!

Monday Night War Club ECW_Hardcore_TV

ECW Hardcore TV is slightly different, we shall be watching two episodes a week until we have caught up with the current timeline, we begin at the beginning of 1995, we shall also watch ECW tomorrow.

Enjoy the show tonight, and as a christmas gift, because we just can't watch it in shit def, I will buy everyone the network!

See you on vent at 10pm GMT!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down