Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it game over if you can't design your own character?

3 posters

Go down

Is it game over if you can't design your own character? Empty Is it game over if you can't design your own character?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Is it game over if you can't design your own character? Mhscreen3-1341960250

Because the superhero genre attracts both people who like designing comicbook characters and people who are fans of existing icons, Marvel Heroes' implementation of playable Marvel characters has had a polarizing effect on gamers. "People will not want to be like the characters; they want to be the characters," declared one of our commenters back when the game was first announced. "As much as I love Captain America, Spiderman, and Wolverine... I'd not want to play them," mused another. You almost have to feel sorry for Gazillion: The studio can't please everyone.

So today we're wondering which side you take in the debate. Would you rather play the real thing than play your own invention or a cheesy knockoff (after all, existing superhero MMOs are overflowing with Hulk, Iron Man, and Batman clones anyway)? Or do you agree with the Massively reader who posted that "the whole point of an MMO is to play your own creation"? Is it game over if you can't design your own character?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Is it game over if you can't design your own character? Empty Re: Is it game over if you can't design your own character?

Post by DaemonGal Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Vindictus, which i mentioned in another post, only offers fixed characters that you can play as. Usually this is an issue for me as i'm a sucker for character creation, but i decided to let it slide and give it a go anyway. Well I made a good decision and really enjoyed it. I have to admit, when i'm looking to play an mmo, i always check on the races and classes and if their isn't enough variation for an individual character it puts me off a little, but i don't think i'd ever completely blank an mmo due to the lack of creation options. Having an individual looking character does make me feel better when I am playing, however due to how mmo's make every player the hero, going through the same plotlines, it's quite difficult to feel like an individual and that your actions are at all helpful, like they are in non-massively multiplayer RPGs.
DaemonGal
DaemonGal
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Female
Number of posts : 198
Other Names : Rin, Zephere
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Back to top Go down

Is it game over if you can't design your own character? Empty Re: Is it game over if you can't design your own character?

Post by General Yoghurt Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 am

Wouldnt say that, you couldnt do yours at all in D3, i'd say it is an alright game but anyway customization aint that really important tbh
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down