Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you a fan of repeatable quests?

3 posters

Go down

Are you a fan of repeatable quests? Empty Are you a fan of repeatable quests?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Are you a fan of repeatable quests? Aoctigressquest

I recently returned to Age of Conan, and I've been doing a lot of factional quests for tokens and gold in the game's Khitai expansion regions. Many of these quests are repeatable, meaning that once you've completed them and a cooldown timer has expired (usually 12 hours to a full day), you can do them again.

This is great if I'm in the mood to grind, but it's also hard on my OCD that compels me to "finish" a questing zone before moving on to the next one. Repeatables are also a slick way for developers to artificially extend the shelf life of a particular zone without adding any new content.

What say you, Massively readers. Are you a fan of repeatable quests? Why or why not?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Are you a fan of repeatable quests? Empty Re: Are you a fan of repeatable quests?

Post by Kreed Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

To me, they've always been more of a means to an end kind of thing. Don't like em; don't hate em. They're just there to work my way towards rewards/xp. If they were overly complicated or lengthy, I'd hate em, but in most cases they're simple and often easy/fast to complete.

The repeatable quests I don't really like from a principle standard are the pvp ones. Kill x amount of enemy players to recieve your reward. You should do PvP because of the PvP, not because of a reward - that should not be more than a secondary motive.
Kreed
Kreed
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Are you a fan of repeatable quests? Empty Re: Are you a fan of repeatable quests?

Post by General Yoghurt Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Not a big fan of it. I just want that they put at least put a bit effort to make it feel less grindy. I mean i understand it's more for you to gain XP and rewards etc but there has been so many quests like. Kill 10 boars. Now get 15 tusks from those boars! which is really annoying but that is just my opinion
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down