Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you grind for fluff items?

3 posters

Go down

Do you grind for fluff items? Empty Do you grind for fluff items?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Do you grind for fluff items? Lotroshiremap

Lord of the Rings Online's anniversary festival has another six days to go, which just might be enough time for me to grind out the tokens necessary to complete my map collection (and the spiffy Eriador Cartographile title that comes with it).

I say "grind" here pretty loosely, as the horse-races, fireworks displays, and dwarven beer-brawling are highly enjoyable even though I've done them dozens of times each at this point.

What about you, dear readers? What's your tolerance when it comes to grinding for fluff items? Do you do it, and what's the best (or worst) such grind you've ever experienced?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you grind for fluff items? Empty Re: Do you grind for fluff items?

Post by Aqura Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Depends... still might do it if it's fin and item is interesting enough like an animation effect.
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bête Noire Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:34 pm

I had this horror story about getting the "Archmage" badge for my COH character. Being an accolade, it meant it required a few other badges first. The worst being "The Illusionist" badge, a kill-badge that you obtained for killing a number of enemies, in this case Illusionists\Dark servants.

Unfortunately, they weren't the normal variety, oh no. You had to nail 100 of those buggers... spawned by a Master Illusionist. Master Illusionists can only be spawned if you have a large team and have the mission difficulty set on high. That, and being the most annoying bosses of the Carnival of Shadows, they are handled by everyone with a single simple rule: KILL FAST. After almost a year hunting and I still hadn't the badge, so I finally got tired, hunted down someone lower level than me with a Carnival mission, gathered a team also hunting for the badge, set the diff on high, and then went to poke and prod the hapless boss until she spawned forth a multitude of minions. It was grindy torture that lasted for several hours -- more because of the time the thing took to spawn minions (3 illusionists and 1 dark servant at a time) and got me in bed at 6 am -- I couldn't just leave the team after I gathered them, so I stayed up until EVERYONE got the Illusionist badge.

But would totally do it again.
Bête Noire
Bête Noire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Female
Number of posts : 78
Other Names : Elsbeth, HeatBurn
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down