Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you?

3 posters

Go down

Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you? Empty Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you? Sadfacef2p-sms-0911

"Everyday we take the Massive daily posts and bring them to Dragoon discussions. We would like to thank Massively for their original content."

News came in last week about Perfect World Entertainment's plans to turn Star Trek Online into a free-to-play business model. While most of us were not in the least bit surprised at the news, most of the comments we've seen here at Massively have been to the effect of, "Now I can finally try that game out!"

This is a sentiment we see expressed more and more these days, as more MMOs are either launching as or converting to include some sort of basic free content. That content can be restrictive, but for many players, it's the only choice they have. Despite the challenge of playing a F2P game without touching your wallet, we wonder if the free content is usually enough to keep you satisfied. Are four classes enough for you in Age of Conan? Is one tier enough for you in Warhammer Online? Are three bags enough for you in Lord of the Rings Online?

Let us know how you feel about the free content in MMOs. Are you happy with what you have available, or do you find the limits too restrictive?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you? Empty Re: Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:16 pm

I hate being restricted by f2p restrictions which is a big reason I prefer P2P games. For me, I prefer to just pay for the content and get access to what everyone else has.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you? Empty Re: Is the free-to-play content usually enough for you?

Post by Dorek Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 pm

the f2p is too restricted in all cases these days.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RolexBoom Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

F2P is mostly to introduce you to the game so you like it, and then you actually buy it. if everything was F2P then the companys would make no money
RolexBoom
RolexBoom
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 240
Other Names : Nugster
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down