Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are multi-month subscriptions worth it?

3 posters

Go down

Are multi-month subscriptions worth it? Empty Are multi-month subscriptions worth it?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Are multi-month subscriptions worth it? Multi

"Everyday we take the Massive daily posts and bring them to Dragoon discussions. We would like to thank Massively for their original content."

When Trion Worlds offered RIFT pre-order packages, all of them granted players the option to buy into special "Founder's Subscription Plans." While pre-orders players could opt for the normal $14.99/month pricing, by purchasing multiple month subscription packages, they could get a decent discount. So if you pay $35.97 for a three-month package, you're effectively getting a $11.99/month subscription price; likewise, a $59.94 payment for a six-month block translates into a $9.99/month fee.

RIFT is hardly the only MMO that offers discounts on multi-month subscriptions. DC Universe Online and Warhammer Online tempt players with discounted fees when game time is purchased in bulk, for example. While the studios stand to lose some revenue from these discounts, they can come out ahead by enticing customers to purchase time they may or may not actually use, especially when you consider that the average retention rate for an MMO is around six months.

So what do you think: Are multi-month subscriptions worth the cost up front in exchange for the discount? Or is it a risky proposition that locks you into a game you may not be interested in after a few months just to save a few bucks?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Are multi-month subscriptions worth it? Empty Re: Are multi-month subscriptions worth it?

Post by rider_xx Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Although they might be good offers from time to time, I prefer the monthly scheme as I can easily swap games for a month, to test a new title and come back to the old if I don't like it, which happens quite often lately as of the increased number of MMOs being developed these days.
rider_xx
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Position in Command : Consigliere to the King
Other Names : WindRider (DCUO) , Magistros (WoW)
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Back to top Go down

Are multi-month subscriptions worth it? Empty Re: Are multi-month subscriptions worth it?

Post by Bachos Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Same as rider i prefer to pay month by month so i can leave anytime without being fucked because i pay for more i need to.

Bachos
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down