Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your longest MMO relationship?

5 posters

Go down

What's your longest MMO relationship? Empty What's your longest MMO relationship?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:00 pm

What's your longest MMO relationship? Tdg-dating-epl-413

If online games like Team Fortress 2 are just flirtations, MMOs are full-on relationships. You might look with vague interest at EVE Online even as you briefly date Star Trek Online. Perhaps you broke up with Final Fantasy XI to get together with Aion. Or maybe you and EverQuest are celebrating another anniversary and wondering why people feel the need to overextend a relationship metaphor.

Joking aside, MMOs require a larger time investment than any single-player romp. While claims of playing since a game's beta are almost a self-parody, there's a lot to be said for dedication to a single game, and it breeds far more resources for a player to make use of. On the flip side, of course, you can only spend time in so many different worlds, and having a breadth of different experiences is more to the tastes of some players.

So what MMO have you been playing the longest? Is it a game where your subscription has never lapsed, or one you've frequently left and come back to? Are you happy to keep playing it, or is it that crazy one that you keep almost breaking up with but never quite go the distance?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What's your longest MMO relationship? Empty Re: What's your longest MMO relationship?

Post by collarofdead Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm

My longest MMO relationship is WoW and i have to say I did love AOC... just to say I still miss that game lol I wish we could start playing smth similar to AOC...ahh looking forward to it;)maybe one day^^
collarofdead
collarofdead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Female
Number of posts : 119
Position in Command : Queen
Other Names : Mehitahele
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

What's your longest MMO relationship? Empty Re: What's your longest MMO relationship?

Post by Bachos Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Mine was swg and everquest 2.

Bachos
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroxigor Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Mine was WoW, which I enjoyed alot until I got sick of having to do raids for hours upon hours to get gear that wasn't crap :p
Kroxigor
Kroxigor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 243
Other Names : Krooooox
Registration date : 2009-11-26

http://www.myspace.com/kargmarkmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshy Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:16 am

mince was AoC Very Happy
Marshy
Marshy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1706
Position in Command : Sergeant At Arms
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum