Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What attitudes can you not stand?

2 posters

Go down

What attitudes can you not stand? Empty What attitudes can you not stand?

Post by TheHidden01 Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:46 pm

What attitudes can you not stand? Wow-epeen-epl-402

Blizzard has always been known by the fans for going all-out with their jokes on April 1st, and this year was no exception. The entire Equipment Potency Equivalence Number was funny in its own right, but especially as an attitude prevalent not only among World of Warcraft players. No matter what game you play, you know people whose sense of ego and importance at in-game achievements drives you up the wall. For some people it's a minor irritation; for others, it's the sort of thing that is so insufferable it's not worth even trying to work with them.

There are no shortage of helpful and friendly players in games, but there's also an abundance of arrogant gear worshippers, socially inept trolls, die-hard PvP grognards, ineffectual PvE carebears... you get the idea. Almost everyone agrees the extreme cases are bad, but we all think some are worse than others. So what about you? What sort of outlook makes you just quit a group in frustration no matter how the player performs? Is it something hugely removed from your own playstyle and approach, or something that's close to how you normally run and becomes more obnoxious as a result?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What attitudes can you not stand? Empty Re: What attitudes can you not stand?

Post by Venetia Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 am

I personally can't stand trolls.. and I also can't stand people who act like they are above everyone else - whether it's because they think they are better, or because they have such a low self-esteem that they feel the need to put everyone else down to make themselves feel better. I guess that's because those are they types of people that I had to live with most of my life, so when I see these people in a game, I usually try to stay away from them.. but I will refuse to group with or help them in any way. It sounds mean but I just can't deal with people like that. Smile
Venetia
Venetia
Private First Class
Private First Class

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://www.myspace.com/strangelittlenothing

Back to top Go down