Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice?

5 posters

Go down

Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice? Empty Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice? Aaharanigirl
I've been playing with various skill builds in ArcheAge lately, and I think I've narrowed down one, maybe two, that I'm going to play for the duration. For the first time in a long time, I haven't looked at forum discussions or heeded flavor-of-the-month advice and am opting instead to test things out and arrive at some sort of personal happy medium between PvE viability, PvP survivability, and looking badass in my armor.

What about you, Massively readers? Do you do your own class or skill testing in your favorite game, or do you make use of theorycrafters and their research?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice? Empty Re: Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice?

Post by Dr Louise Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 pm

I tend to do both, might look up things and why people think its good but then I test it and see how its for me. If I got one skill that I really like and is good in my hands I'll go with that.
Dr Louise
Dr Louise
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Female
Number of posts : 516
Other Names : Linda
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice? Empty Re: Do you theorycraft or do you heed others' advice?

Post by Madatrix Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:28 am

I almost always like to keep myself in the dark when it comes to things like this. I feel that as soon as I read what a popular build is, or what skills dominate another, my naive view is forever shattered and I feel bad for liking the things that I do. So I prefer to just do my own thing completely based on what I feel good playing with, what looks aesthetically pleasing to me, and what keeps me immersed in the game play.
Madatrix
Madatrix
Corporal
Corporal

Male
Number of posts : 65
Other Names : Maaaaaaaadatrix
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorek Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:11 pm

knowing the most popular builds might be good so you could theorycraft and test what counters it since we all know the gimps are gonna roll the most popular shit.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqura Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:27 am

I use the info to make my build counter the metas usually...
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down