Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you share MMO accounts with your friends?

2 posters

Go down

Do you share MMO accounts with your friends? Empty Do you share MMO accounts with your friends?

Post by TheHidden01 Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Do you share MMO accounts with your friends? Hotn-rb-1121
Account sharing. It's a bad idea. No, it's a terrible idea. It violates most MMO terms of service agreements, and it violates the most basic security principles: Never share your game account. Anything shared can easily be stolen or compromised by someone even less security-aware than you.

But if you've been playing MMOs long enough, you've probably shared your account, at least with your spouse or your kids or roommate. And then it spreads. Your guild really needs a main tank for a dungeon run, but you want to get some grub, so you let a guildie play you. You want to dual-box a friend's newbie to catch her up while she's at work. You need someone to log in your toon and refresh your house while you're on vacation. I'm not judging you here; I'm guilty myself. Heck, before I was allowed to join my first guild way back forever ago, I was required to hand over my account info to the recruiting officer to prove I wasn't a spy! And my husband and I pretty much share our characters completely, rules be damned.

Do you folks share your MMO accounts with friends, guildies, or relatives? Has it ever come back to haunt you?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you share MMO accounts with your friends? Empty Re: Do you share MMO accounts with your friends?

Post by Dorek Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:17 pm

would rather not share my shit just because of security because the mistakes of others would cost me.
Dorek
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1182
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down