Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What social tools do all MMOs need?

2 posters

Go down

What social tools do all MMOs need? Empty What social tools do all MMOs need?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm

What social tools do all MMOs need? Wbeta
Heading into WildStar this past weekend, I was pleasantly surprised at how useful and easy the in-game social circles were. Instead of fretting about guild membership, I joined a few circles to talk with friends and made one up to keep in touch with a couple more. Somewhere Google+ is laughing haughtily, but I think that more MMOs should have a feature like this.

So what social tools do you think MMOs need? I'd also nominate in-game guild finders, far more robust friends lists (that are per-account, not per-character), and handy emote buttons that eschew the need for memorizing a list of slash commands. What say you?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What social tools do all MMOs need? Empty Re: What social tools do all MMOs need?

Post by Madatrix Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 am

I think being able to sort your friends into categories for easy memorization would be useful. Say, having the ability to put a tag that says, "cool guy from valley" or some such, so you're not forced to pick your brain remembering user names.

Or, just for curiosity sake, perhaps a geographical search capability so you can find people in your area or timezone so coordinating game play wouldn't be quite the issue. I dunno though, just random thoughts.
Madatrix
Madatrix
Corporal
Corporal

Male
Number of posts : 65
Other Names : Maaaaaaaadatrix
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down