Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the days of preordering MMOs fading?

2 posters

Go down

Are the days of preordering MMOs fading? Empty Are the days of preordering MMOs fading?

Post by TheHidden01 Mon May 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Are the days of preordering MMOs fading? Night-of-the-dragon-full
In January 2007, I stood in line at a brick-and-mortar store at midnight to pick up six preorder copies of The Burning Crusade for myself, my husband, and my overseas guildies. By that point, I'd been playing MMOs for a decade already, but somehow, driving through an ice storm to stand in that line was so totally worth it.

Flash-forward to 2014 and I rarely bother with preorders anymore, and it's not because "the magic is gone" or anything nostalgia-driven like that. Between shoddy or exploitative preorder bonuses, widespread digital distribution, crowdfunded founder packs, and open betas and headstarts that go on forever and ever, it just seems as if a standard preorder is becoming a relic of the past, something that's relatively easy to pass on. I'd rather just hang onto my money and buy in when there's a product and not just a promise.

What about you guys? Do you still preorder MMOs or other games?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Are the days of preordering MMOs fading? Empty Re: Are the days of preordering MMOs fading?

Post by General Yoghurt Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

No, not since Gw2 i will not preorder unless it gives me some kind of ''few days to play before the launch-deal'' and i can be sure i will enjoy the game for a while otherwise, i will probably not have the interest even if it looks promising.
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down