Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs?

3 posters

Go down

What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs? Empty What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 pm

What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs? World%20of%20Warcraft
Back in January, a Lifehacker op-ed chronicled six things the writer had learned from playing World of Warcraft -- useful, real-world things, not just how to spec out a frost Mage. For example, he learned that things you like can feel like a grind, and he learned how to quit something wonderful with grace.

I've learned even more practical things than that from my years in MMOs. I've learned leadership skills, honed math and spreadsheet skills, and worked on mastering the art of patience -- OK, so I'm still working on that one. I've also watched ESL guildies perfect their language and writing skills and seen still others parlay this hobby of ours into careers in gaming and coding and journalism.

What about you? What real-world lessons or skills have you learned thanks to MMOs?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs? Empty Re: What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs?

Post by General Yoghurt Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 am

Well not exactly learned, but i did improve my English a lot when it came to language. I also learned a bit of patience as to the all wonderful grinding system of WoW, get these super rare teeth that these boars apparently doesnt drop even if they have it in appearance.

General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs? Empty Re: What real-world lessons have you learned from MMOs?

Post by Vosiler Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 pm

im sure i must have learned something but i dont actually know what it could of been :S maybe i havent i assume most non English people have learned English better i guess i have learned how to swear in a lot more languages than i would have it i dident play mmos Smile
Vosiler
Vosiler
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 251
Other Names : Vosilerx,
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down