Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard?

Go down

Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard? Empty Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard? Sotaheader

Crowdfunding MMOs seems to be all the rage these days, with young folk tossing money about like it ain't no thing. I don't get this generation with all of its jams and swatch watches and Walkmens. Back in my day, crowdfunding took place in the form of a barn raising.

Anyway, I've been wondering if an atmosphere of mutual investment and indie scrappiness has caused us to hold such MMOs to a lower standard than we would otherwise. Maybe you're just so happy that this particular title is being made that you don't mind that it's missing key features, such as avatar heads or hit boxes or localization to any known country on Earth.

Are you willing to forgive blemishes and a less-than-complete games because it comes partially from your own pocketbook? And do you actually own a pocketbook? Do you even know what a pocketbook is? Kids these days, am I right?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard? Empty Re: Do you hold crowdfunded MMOs to a lower standard?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Maybe only Star Citizen looks good but the rest look like they are made in 1998, and the features and quality looks about as good as the same year, after Mortal Online and DF, I just can't suffer shit.

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down