Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you spend and what do you hoard?

2 posters

Go down

What do you spend and what do you hoard? Empty What do you spend and what do you hoard?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

What do you spend and what do you hoard? Sto-consumables-epl-805
On most MMOs, my inventory is a sea of consumables. Every little boost I get -- stat boosts, healing items, resource items -- gets squirreled away to be used only when the situation is dire enough to warrant that item going away forever. The net result, of course, is that I have a level 5 stim on my level 55 character in Star Wars: The Old Republic, an item that saw its time come and go long before now.

By contrast, if I'm crafting, I go through crafting materials with abandon. There's no time to stop and think that I might use these Cotton Bolls in Final Fantasy XIV in a future recipe; I'm too busy turning all of them into thread. Which isn't exactly better, since I still wind up needing more of these things if they ever become relevant again.

I think everyone tends to hoard and spend differently, so today I'm asking how so. What do you spend and what do you hoard? Do you acquire huge piles of money but spend your tokens as soon as you can? Carefully measure out your class resources but go nuts with cooldowns? What are your thrifty habits and what habits... aren't?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What do you spend and what do you hoard? Empty Re: What do you spend and what do you hoard?

Post by Dr Louise Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:02 pm

I tend to get loads of money because I never spend any in MMOs, always get everything the "hard" way. I loot everything as well and sell the junk. All the things that can be good for anything, I save. Even the things that I should sell and me specifically dont need I end of having aloads of them. If somebody need them I will give it to them and use the things I need but sell them? Nonono.
Dr Louise
Dr Louise
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Female
Number of posts : 516
Other Names : Linda
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down