Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far in advance will you get excited about a game?

2 posters

Go down

How far in advance will you get excited about a game? Empty How far in advance will you get excited about a game?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

How far in advance will you get excited about a game? Ws-future-epl-610

Following WildStar since its first cinematic trailer way back when has been an interesting experience, partly because I've been so consistently lucky. I started following the game when we knew virtually nothing, and for all I knew then it could easily have turned out to be a game I'd never willingly play. That hasn't been the case, but the earlier you get on board with a game, the more your enthusiasm consists of a thin hope and some vague notions.

Of course, Kickstarter projects are based almost entirely on you being a fan without ever playing the game. But for some people, following a game that's only been announced is setting yourself up for disappointment. So how far in advance will you get excited about a game? Do you get psyched from developer diaries and early screenshots, or do you wait until you play a beta build and find out the game is fun?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How far in advance will you get excited about a game? Empty Re: How far in advance will you get excited about a game?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Considering I am waiting for WoD, I would say I am on the extreme end of waiting :p

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

How far in advance will you get excited about a game? Empty Re: How far in advance will you get excited about a game?

Post by Aqura Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 pm

I'd say the same... but it really depends on each game and franchise I think.
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down