Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly?

2 posters

Go down

What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly? Empty What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly? Fallow

With the few long-term MMOs that I've played, such as World of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings Online, I've seen a general pattern emerge in regards to my feelings toward them. I saw myself go through highs of loving these titles and becoming completely enamored with them, descending to the lows where the mere sight of the icon incites loathing, and so on and so forth.

Sometimes I explain this with a farming metaphor. It's an old farming technique to let a field go fallow -- stay dormant -- every few years so that the soil isn't depleted. It actually replenishes the field to make a strong crop for when it's next used. So I recognize that sometimes the good stuff in my games begin to deplete from overuse, and I simply let them go fallow until my interest is revitalized.

Enough about me, what about you? What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly, and how do you handle that rollercoaster?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly? Empty Re: What game do you fall in and out of love with repeatedly?

Post by Dariv Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm

EvE, that fucking game always manages to drag me back in just love how open it is haha
Dariv
Dariv
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-12-17

Back to top Go down