Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oveoflod shows old models still have new tricks

Go down

Oveoflod shows old models still have new tricks Empty Oveoflod shows old models still have new tricks

Post by General Yoghurt Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 am

I have no idea how the above video managed to escape attention for so long. Originally published on May 4, 2012, the video by Oveoflod -- simply titled Moves -- seems innocent enough at first. It isn't until 26 seconds in that the standard female human model decides to break out of the standard female human model animations and show us her moves, which are nothing like the Macarena.

According to the Youtube description, the video took over a year to make, using MotionBuilder, 3ds Max and Wowmodelviewer to pull it all together. Let's be clear, here: Creating new animations is not as easy a task as you'd think. This tiny, 4 minute video took well over a year to create. However, I still find it pretty astonishing that the old character models can still be taught new tricks. And I still hold out hope that one day, we'll see different dances for all of the races in the game.

Until then, we can go ahead and watch Oveoflod's video and wonder about the possibilities of what could be done, given enough time.
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum