Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play?

2 posters

Go down

Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play? Empty Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play?

Post by TheHidden01 Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play? Kickstarterlogo

Yesterday's news of Chris Roberts stumping for rival Kickstarter projects was interesting both for its subject matter and for some of the responses it provoked. It also got me to thinking about crowdfunding in general and its long-term future from a gamer's perspective.

For every runaway success like Star Citizen, it seems there are a dozen projects that fail to meet their fundraising goals (and even more that offer up half-baked ideas, poorly communicated). The service does give passionate gamers a way to speak directly with their wallets, and it can neatly bypass the red tape inherent in game publishing as Roberts explained. It can also be a money pit, though, and I suspect that folks like Roberts who support multiple projects for the good of the industry are a rarity.

What do you think, Massively readers? Assuming you pledge to Kickstarter projects, do you support only those you plan to play or are you backing multiple games in order to change the way games are made?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play? Empty Re: Do you support Kickstarter projects you don't plan to play?

Post by General Yoghurt Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:44 am

I don't really have any games i want to support at kick starter to be honest, but obviously i can very much understand why people want to support these big remakes or new IP projects in kickstarter, it's cool that just 1 dollar/pound etc, can make a quite big difference into that project,

Unless it is a very promising project that i am interested in, and can have actual trust to the ''makers' or the people behind it so to say, i would pretty much look away myself.
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down