Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you start over when you return to an old game?

3 posters

Go down

Do you start over when you return to an old game? Empty Do you start over when you return to an old game?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Do you start over when you return to an old game? Sto-startover-epl-1203

So you've decided to return to a game that you played in the past. A fine choice, really. But that leaves you with an interesting dilemma. You could log in on your existing character, but that would mean re-learning things, trying to figure out where you had left off, and all of that. Or you could just wipe the slate clean and start over, kicking yourself back into the earliest stages to re-learn the game from the ground up.

On the one hand, your high-level character in Star Trek Online or Guild Wars or whatever game you're returning to might very well have benefits that are difficult to replicate. On the other hand, it's possible that a lot has changed since the last time you played, and it might be easiest to restart from the ground level. So which do you generally prefer? Do you like to restart after a long absence, or do you pick up where you left off and muddle through anything you might have forgotten?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do you start over when you return to an old game? Empty Re: Do you start over when you return to an old game?

Post by General Yoghurt Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

From what i seen of my experience not really, i have always enjoyed continuing my adventure of whatever i were playing off, and it isn't too hard remembering how i was doing thing, same thing when it comes to starcraft 2 (obviously not an mmo but same answer), i have started playing it ,again and i been very rosty but doesnt take too long to get back to the ''flow''
General Yoghurt
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Do you start over when you return to an old game? Empty Re: Do you start over when you return to an old game?

Post by Silvae Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 pm

At First i start over... after a bit time when i feel ready again, i'm trying out the old Characters... Did the same at Tera, had 3 Characters, started a Slayer afterwards.
Silvae
Silvae
Private
Private

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum