Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your MMO choices actually reflect your playstyle?

Go down

Do your MMO choices actually reflect your playstyle? Empty Do your MMO choices actually reflect your playstyle?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed May 04, 2016 7:28 am

Do your MMO choices actually reflect your playstyle? Swg530-860x280

The following thoughts do not necessarily reflect my point of view.

Massively OP reader Leiloni tipped us off to a great blog post by MMO blogger Ethan “Isarii” Macfie, in which the author questions his understanding of his own playstle. “I’ve recently come to realize that my self-identification as a PvP focused player might not be entirely accurate,” Isarii writes. “I certainly enjoy PvP a lot – the more of it, the better, really, but when I think about my favorite MMO of all time, Star Wars Galaxies, it’s hard to reconcile how little PvP I did in the game with identifying primarily as a PvP player.” He ultimately concludes that the dichotomy might be faulty — that above all else, he’s a community player, and that FFA PvP games tend to offer the most opportunity for community — akin to the one experienced by so many MMORPG gamers in Star Wars Galaxies.

Personally, what I loved about SWG was the freedom players had to embrace critter-hunting, PvP combat, economic PvP, and socializing as their whims dictated from moment to moment. It was a special game specifically because it attracted people from traditionally oppositional playstyles. It doesn’t surprise me at all that a hardcore FFA players, hardcore crafters, hardcore dancers, and hardcore rangers would all think the game was all that and a bag of bofa treats.

And on the other end of that, I tend to think of myself as a hardcore economy MMO gamer, but some of my favorite MMORPGs — like City of Heroes and classic Guild Wars — had comparatively stilted economy play.

Think about the games you play — do they actually reflect your playstyle?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down