Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs?

2 posters

Go down

What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs? Empty What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs?

Post by TheHidden01 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:11 pm

What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs? Crow1-860x280

I saw this question posed to Reddit the other day and thought it sufficiently interesting enough to want to post it to MOP’s community with some clarification. The question is, what unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs? In other words, what is something that you feel or believe that seems to go against the apparent majority opinion?

I always get some flak when I espouse my firm belief that story is not only important to MMOs but essential to it. I love MMOs with talented storytellers behind the scenes — and I also appreciate games that give players the adequate tools to create their own stories. Stories are such an integral part to the play experience that it weirds me out to see backlash against their very existence in MMOs.

What about you? Do you like a game that gets a lot of hate? Are you a fan of a system that gets spat on by the crowd? Are you totally OK with lockboxes? Spill!

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs? Empty Re: What unpopular opinion do you hold about MMOs?

Post by Aqura Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

RNG boxes need to die in a fire.

But a real unpopular opinion by todays standard would be that there needs to be true open world pvp, or at least one such server and also a simple flagging system for the other servers. And the game should have at least 3 competing factions.
Aqura
Aqura
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Male
Number of posts : 729
Other Names : Swim
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Back to top Go down