Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do visuals change your opinion on classes?

2 posters

Go down

Do visuals change your opinion on classes? Empty Do visuals change your opinion on classes?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Do visuals change your opinion on classes? Wow-visual-epl-1209

I had a reasonably high-level druid whom I had completely abandoned in World of Warcraft simply because I didn't like forever being shifted into another form. Then I found that Glyph of the Stars exists, and suddenly I'm not only playing the class but enjoying it again. There's no practical mechanical difference, just that I can actually see my character now. And that might seem like a trivial thing, but the decision of how classes move and look can have a pretty big impact.

Think about it -- the Engineer of WildStar could just as easily be summoning animal pets, but a big part of its visual appeal is the fact that it carts around robots. Mesmers in Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 have a mechanical identity, but the pink-to-purple spell effects and obvious illusions are meant to impress players with a genuine sense of style. Do visuals change your opinions on classes? Or do you look purely at the mechanics and not care about how the whole thing looks in play?

TH
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Do visuals change your opinion on classes? Empty Re: Do visuals change your opinion on classes?

Post by Marshy Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:11 pm

might do but who doesn't want to look bad ass
Marshy
Marshy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1706
Position in Command : Sergeant At Arms
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: