Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality?

Go down

Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality? Empty Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality? Rift47-860x280

"Borrowed" from Massively, join in on the weekday discussions and let your opinions be heard!

A few months ago, blogger Tipa on West Karana wrote a post wondering whether the roles we play in MMOs reflected on our roles in real life — and vice versa. Specifically, she talks about how her deliberate decision to play tanks in video games dovetailed with control over her own life and translated into leadership skills in the present day.

I played primarily healers and bards my first few years and deliberately chose to start playing a “puller” character to force myself out of my comfort zone too, but gosh if I don’t gravitate back to the same few archetypes in every game unless I consciously play against type (it’s shamans, crowd control bards, archers, and shield tanks for me). When I look around at my guildies, they tend to follow patterns too: The leaders pick tanks, the go-getters play berserkers, the tricksters like rogues, the contrarians play underdogs, the nurturers love healers, and so on. Some of them overlap, of course!

What do you think? Does your favorite MMO playstyle or archetype mirror your personality type in the real world?

- Z
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality? Empty Re: Does your MMO archetype reflect your personality?

Post by TheHidden01 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:59 pm

I'm not sure, I guess I typically like characters that have alot of options and tools and self sustainability. Shaman, MA, were similar in that respect. I also like ease of tools so I can concentrate on strategy in battle rather than complex rotations.

I have played several tanks, and alot of DPS, never healer though.

- Z
TheHidden01
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19977
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down